Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kate and Sandy's Excellent Adventure - Day 5 - 2009-03-26

Sandy says:
We were tired last night, so the day 5 report is coming out a little late!

After we sent the day 4 report, we went out to the Sushi House Banff for dinner and had another great meal. I have to say, we have had some great food on this trip - have had a bunch of great meals so far.

On Day 5, we headed back to Lake Louise and spent the day there again. We did a couple of runs on Larch, but it was not skiing well, so we spent the day on all of the great blue and green runs which are on Front Side - and had another great day on the snow.

I have to point out that Kate took an extra long lunch - she stopped about 45 minutes before I did for lunch! So, her old fat Dad skied her butt off! When we got back to town, we were both really tired. So, we headed over to the hot springs for a soak, and did that ever feel great! Then, we headed to a place called Giorgio's Trattoria for a great Italian dinner. Some of the online reviews are only so-so, but I gotta tell you, we had a super experience. The decor was really nice, the service was excellent, and we both had a really nice meal. The price for a nice Italian dinner with wine was just about $130 including a good tip for great service, so fairly good value as well as just being great food and service.

Kate wanted to wonder around some more after dinner, but I declined because my back was exhausted! We have not yet decided on plans for today, so stay tunned, we will let you know latter!


Kate says:
The sushi bar on day 4 was amazing, and quite possibly my favorite meal so far. I had 2 little bowls of green tea ice cream to finish it off.. heheh. Then came back to the room and washed a big pile of socks, 2 shirts and my jeans in the bathtub.

Lake Louise was in perfect condition yesterday. The weather was totally clear, warm (when we weren't in the wind) and gorgeous. The mountain was riding really well, it was the best ski day so far! Yes, I took a long lunch. My shins and right ankle were giving me limited options: 1) Keep going but prepare for muscle fatigue to cause an accident or 2) Quit for a bit and get some more good runs in later. So, I had a hot chocolate with Bailey's and took it easy for a bit.

Italian dinner last night was wicked, I loved it. After dinner we couldn't find the coffee shop (which turned out to be just 4 doors down) so I made a quick stop at the sushi bar to pick up some more green tea ice cream and ate it back here at the room with chop sticks. heheh :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment