Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kate and Sandy's Excellent Adventure - Day 4 - 2009-03-25

Sandy says:
We had a really nice time last night. Went to the hot springs again for another soak, and then ended up at the Maple Leaf Grill & Lounge for dinner. We had a truly amazing dinner for not a bad price. It was expensive, but when you compare $12 for a hot dog and a glass of juice, to $150 for an amazing dinner for two, it is pretty obvious that the value for a meal in Banff is on the top end - not on the bottom end!

This morning, we took it easy, had a nice breakfast, and then headed to Lake Louise Ski Resort which is I think the best of the 3 mountains in Banff. On previous trips, Dave and I have really enjoyed Sunshine, but I think everyone, including Kate and I, agrees that lake Louise is the best of the three mountains. The snow stopped, the sun came out, and the front side of the mountain was skiing just perfect we spent the majority of the the day on the Front Side skiing the blues off of the Glacier Express and the Top of the World chairs. I think that this was by far the best skiing so far of the trip. Kate was not sure she could handle riding the Platter to the top, so we did not get a change to ski that blue off the front, or that nice blue of of the Platter into the Back Bowls.

We did ski both of the greens on the Back Side - Saddleback off of the Top of the World Chair, and Pika to Old Ptarmigan over off of the Ptarmigan Chair. But, neither of us was in the mood to try any of the crazy black n the those bowls, so we moved over to the Larch Area, and did a couple of runs over there. On previous trips, I have had some really good skiing over there, but it was cold, windy, and a bit icy, so we headed back to the front where we had a blast. We did ride the new Grizzly Express Gondola a couple of times, and there was some good tracks to be had on that part of Front Side as well.

So, another great day! We are headed out for dinner, and will drop another note tomorrow!


Kate says:
This was the best ski day so far! Lake Louise is the best mountain we have been to. I loved it. It was really cold in the high winds at the peak so I tossed an extra fleece on at lunch. It is a loooong run from top to bottom, but just awesome terrain. Dad pretty much said it all, and all I can really add is I Agree!! I was ready to quit when the chairs closed at 4, my muscles were big time tired and I didnt want to have an accident.

We;re off to dinner now, night!

No comments:

Post a Comment