Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kate and Sandy's Excellent Adventure - Day 7 (End of Adventure) - 2009-03-29

Sandy says:
Well, I am sitting on the couch drinking a beer at home. That was a great trip - we had a lot of fun. Today's highlight was a helicopter tour from Canmore out to Mount Assiniboine - pictures are here.

Last night, we had another great meal - we went to the Sukiyaki House - Kate had sushi, and I had sukiyaki. We both really enjoyed the meal.

So, what a great trip - we skied, we dog sledded, we did some sightseeing, and we wrapped up with a helicopter ride! I can not wait for the next trip west!

Kate says: (a day or two latter from back in Cold Lake)
Heyo,

The trip was a huge success, just an amazing time! I am home in Cold Lake now, having stayed in Calgary on Saturday night with a friend. I drove home on Sunday, under mostly sunny skies. Calgary has a snow storm Sat night, but it was all melting on Sunday. Total mileage on the trip was 2040.2 km!!

My favourite mountain is Lake Louise, it was by far the most fun and had the best conditions. Norquay wasn't great but that was likely because of the fresh wet snow that was dragging us down. Sunshine was cool, but it has too many long traverses to really be a board-friendly mountain.

The dog sledding was really cool, that's something I'll be doing again at some point for sure! We did a lot of sightseeing, which is unlike me, but I really enjoyed it. We soaked in the hot springs regularly to ease stiff muscles. I got to see some very cool geology mixed in with the gorgeous Rockies' scenery. We ate like royalty every night. The food was soooo goooood. Pricey, but delicious. And we topped it off with a helicopter tour in the Canmore area mountains and got right up close to a glacier. That was wicked!

Here are the best of my pictures.
Note that as I was the one taking them, there aren't many of me. Most are of Dad! The opposite goes for Dad's pics heheh.

Here are some links to videos of:
-Me boarding/checking out the mountains
-Dad skiing
-The mountains/Dad describing our day
-The helicopter tour, near the glacier

Overall, I had an awesome time with Dad, skiing, sightseeing and eating amazing food!
We'll have to make the next trip with the whole family because I know Kim and Rick would love it!


Cheers
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment