Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kate and Sandy's Excellent Adventure - Day 2 - 2009-03-23

Sandy says:
Well, after I sent yesterday's news report, we went and wandered around downtown. By then it was obvious that my knee was sore enough that I was not going to be skiing today. So, we got tickets for a dog sled ride. Then, we wondered around and Kate did some shopping, and we had a really nice dinner at a Greek restaurant. Back to the hotel early, and early to bed. This morning, we went and got a nice breakfast, then met the tour organizationat, and drove back to Canmore, and drove up the Spray Lakes Road to the top of the reservoir, where we hoped on the dog sleds about here . We had a great ride on the sleds - it was really a lot of fun. Because my knee was sore, I sat in the sled the entire time, and Kate drove. The company is called Snowy Owl Dog Sled Tours - and I really recommend these people to anybody who wants to try this. I am told that none of the other companies let the customers drive, and Kate really enjoyed that part.

So, we had another really good day. The knee still feels really iffy, so I am not sure we are going to be able to ski tomorrow. We shall wait and see!

Pictures from today start here .

Kate says:
IWANNAHUSKYDOG!! Ok, that's out of my system... Dog sledding was amazing!! The day started out cloudy and kind of iffy, but cleared up by the time we got out to the start point. The view was incredible. The dogs were awesome. The sun was warm. What else can I say? Driving the sled was a ton of fun, I had a blast!

We're headed for dinner shortly, and also to the hot springs for a dip. I might try to talk Dad into video taping while I learn to ice climb, if we don't ski tomorrow. We'll see, I'm not sure I have the guts to ice climb in such warm weather. heheh

Cheers! Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment